A LIFESTYLE, NOT A PROGRAM
Faith@Home is a posture we promote at CFA: it is the mindset that our faith is not something we live out only at a Sunday service – it is meant to be lived out every day, wherever we go, whatever we do, and in our relationships with others. It is choosing to bring your faith home with you and allow it to shape all aspects of your life!
This posture is important for everyone, and for families it carries an added importance in that parents are encouraged to see that they are the primary spiritual trainers of their children. It is their faith and the way it intersects their family relationships that will be the greatest witness of Jesus for their kids.
CELEBRATING MILESTONES OF FAITH
As a community, we feel that an important aspect of living out our faith is taking time to celebrate the important moments that mark a major transitions in life. These milestones are opportunities for growth and identity formation, and are often significant for how they happen within community.
Below are some of the major milestones we want to celebrate with you, along with resources to help facilitate those celebrations in our CFA community:
When anyone makes a conscious commitment to follow Jesus, we want to celebrate that and do everything we can to partner with them on the journey of learning what it means to be a disciple and developing real relationships with other believers. If you’ve recently made this commitment, let any of our staff or pastors know at the CFA office, and we can help supply you with some of these resources:
- A New Believer’s Package with materials for learning more about your faith.
- Connecting you with different Groups to build real relationships with other believers.
- Directing you towards resources like The Bible Project and Right Now Media, resources with videos to help you understand the Bible and various other topics.
Baptism is a public declaration of our faith, an activity that is a symbolic representation of the inner transformation that begins in us when we choose to follow Jesus. To be baptized in the name of Jesus is something that all believers are instructed to do in the New Testament. If you’re interested in being baptized, let us know at the CFA office and we will walk you through:
- Attending a Baptism Class to learn what it means to be baptized.
- Preparing your testimony to share during your baptism.
- Learning about the next baptism service where you can be baptized.
FIRST STEPS: CHILD DEDICATION
First Steps is where we help prepare parents for dedicating their child – a public blessing and pronouncement of their commitment to raise their child with a Faith@Home posture. If you are a new parent, or a parent interested in dedicating your child, let us know at the CFA office and we will walk you through the First Steps process:
- Attending a First Steps Class to learn about Child Dedication and Faith@Home.
- Setting up a Sunday date for a Child Dedication service.
- Preparing your Parent Blessing to speak over your child.
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION
High School Graduation is a significant milestone where teens transition into young adulthood and take ownership of their faith and character for the road ahead. In this milestone, we like to celebrate with grads and their families by hosting an annual High School Graduation Celebration event where:
- Grads prepare and present a Personal Declaration, a statement of their commitment to the character, values, and direction that they are going to stand on in the transition to young adulthood.
- Parents prepare and speak their Parent Blessing over their grad.
If you are a grad or parent of a grad for the upcoming school year, let us know at the CFA office!